Everyone is ready to get back to the Louisiana normal-- tossing burgers on the grill, throwing pool parties, drinking adult beverages, boiling crawfish with friends, etc. But it is important to note that although these activities are fun, safety must be prioritized, so they can remain enjoyable for everyone!
Whether you are working from home with the kids or you are prepping for summer parties to come, it is important to understand that accidents during the summer (and in the backyard) are far too common.
Here are a few tips to make sure your backyard remains safe for both your family and friends to enjoy outdoor activities:
- Provide adequate supervision
- Properly design, install and maintain the pool
- Outdoor equipment: grills, trampolines, boil pots, steps, etc.
- Designate an adequately trained lifeguard for the pool
- Remedy faulty deck railings, sidewalks, or sinkholes
- Wear proper safety gear for bike rides, such as a helmet
- Provide water and remain hydrated
- Wear protective sunblock and loose clothing
- Monitor alcohol consumption
During the summer, we often see an increase in personal injury claims. More people are on the roads and others are enjoying the outdoors in crowds. Be aware of what your responsibility is as an individual.
While you're planning for your next party, take a look around the house and make sure the premises are safe. Don’t let a preventable accident detain you from enjoying the outdoors. We wish you a lot of fun this spring and summer.
Contact Bush Law Firm Today
If an accident were to occur and the above precautions were not considered, owners may bear responsibility. In the event you or someone you know is injured as a result of another person’s negligence, keep Bush Law Firm in mind.